A Big Year For Training and Development30 May 2017
We know our people are important. We also know it's vital to ensure our people have the up-to-date skill set and knowledge base in order to effectively undertake their roles and deliver the best service to our customer. So what have we done in 2017 to support our training and development programme...
So far we have:
- Invested £50,000 in MPBA (Mobile Portable buildings Association) certified courses - Pre Delivery Inspection Course (Level 1) and the Service Modifications Repair And Maintenance Course (Level 2)
- Made significant investment in putting our fitters through recognised PAT testing qualifications
- Increased the number of people ALLMI qualified to produce lift plans four fold
- Delivered the FORS (Fleet Operators Recognition Scheme) e-learning course to all drivers
- Undertaken NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) in lorry loading, using hooks and remote controls
- Continued Driver CPC training
- Developed drivers skills to include conflict management and appointed person first aid training
- Delivered our management development programme focussing on customer service, communication, conflict resolution and effective people management
Utilising the skills and knowledge of our trainers, Nixon Hire have also delivered a number of accredited qualifications to staff and external parties, including;
- Level 2 COSSH
- Level 2 Health and Safety
- Level 3 Health and Safety – Supervisors and Managers
- Level 2 Conflict Management
- First Aid at Work
- Appointed Persons First Aid
- Basic Life Support and use of an Automated External Defibrillator
The Nixon Hire Training and Development Team are based in-house and are fully qualified to recognised and accredited standards. With at least ten years’ experience of working in a training environment their accreditations include;
- Members of British Safety Council
- Contractors Training Group (North East)
Stay updated on our latest news & offers!
Simply fill in the short form here and we'll make sure you are the first to hear about our news and offers! Don't worry, you can subscribe at any time!