Administrative AssistantLocation: Central Support Office (Newcastle)
We currently have an exciting and challenging vacancy for an Administrative Assistant to join our Sales and Marketing team based in our Central Support Office located on Newcastle City West Business Park (NE4)
Contract type: 18 Month Fixed Term Contract.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm.
Nixon Hire Overview:
Founded in 1967, Nixon Hire is a dynamic and professional family-run business employing almost 500 people across an ever-expanding Depot network. We draw on over 54 years of experience to deliver quality plant, tools, machinery, accommodation and portable toilet products and services that are second to none. We are passionate about what we do and work tirelessly to ensure we are continually improving.
We are proud of our people. Nixon Hire employ skilled, experienced and knowledgeable people. We employ people who live locally to the Depots we operate so we know the local areas we work in well. We understand the importance of training and developing our people and invest significant resources to ensure we are up-to-date with current requirements. We are extremely proud to have many members of staff celebrating over 40 YEARS service with us, with the longest serving employee currently in their 47th year!
Main Responsibilities of the Role:
- Monitor and manage pricing change requests.
- Report upon and challenge pricing exceptions.
- Prepare company communications and documents to support new pricing structures
- Monitor the departments shared inbox and action accordingly
- Provide commercial support to the external Sales Team and Sales Director
- Prepare reports, proposals, presentations, letters and other documents, and undertake projects as instructed
- Establish, maintain, and develop systems, databases and procedures for departmental and company processes
- Maintain and update the commercial databases.
- Create, use and interpret reports.
- To receive and respond to internal and external correspondence and distribute or action as appropriate.
- To answer the department’s telephones when necessary, taking messages or responding as appropriate.
- Undertake desk / market research projects as and when required
- Ad-hoc administrative support as requested
- Strong Commercial or Sales Experience
- Able to work on own initiative - A confident self-starter
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Capable to prioritise own workload
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with a high standard of written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent team working skills
- Fully developed IT skills, including a high level of proficiency in Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Confidence in learning and using bespoke company systems such as CRM and Price Pro
- Experience of producing accurate and professional documents, proposals and reports
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality when appropriate
- Experience of working with customers
- Interests in supporting the aims of the company by helping the commercial department facilitate opportunities to increase revenue and margins
- Competitive Salary
- 23 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays on starting (increasing with length of service)
- Workplace pension and life assurance
- Cycle and Tech scheme
- High Street discount voucher scheme
- Option to purchase additional holidays
- Christmas savings club
- Reward and recognition scheme
- Employee assistance program
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org