Commercial ExecutiveLocation: Central Support Office (Newcastle)
We are looking to recruit a Commercial Executive based in our Central Support Office.
Contract type: Permanent
Working Hours: 40 Hours
Nixon Hire Overview
Established 52 years ago, Nixon Hire is a UK leader in the provision of construction equipment. Our core product offering includes plant, accommodation, welfare facilities, toilets and modular buildings.
With over 24,000 assets and 300 product lines, we supply products and services to commercial and domestic customers. Nixon Hire operate from over 20 Depot locations, from which our products are prepared and dispatched for hire or for sale and are refurbished or configured as required.
The role is to provide general commercial administrative support for the Group Sales & Marketing department:
- Monitor and manage the pricing strategy. Reporting and challenging pricing exceptions. Implementing new pricing strategies.
- To provide commercial support to the external Sales Team.
- To prepare reports, proposals, presentations, letters and other documents, and undertake projects.
- To set up, maintain and develop systems, databases and processes, action logs (and chase non-compliance where necessary)
- Maintain and update the commercial database, create, use and interpret reports.
- To support and develop the Contracts database – this includes contract reporting and monitoring.
- Preparing and amending service level agreements and other commercial documents.
- To receive and respond to internal and external correspondence and distribute as appropriate.
- To answer the department’s telephones when necessary taking messages or responding as appropriate.
- Use resources available to identify trends and commercial opportunities.
- Create, manage, update and report on activity including, sales activity, competitor impact, market influences.
- Departmental task, project monitoring and reporting.
- Undertake desk / market research projects as and when required.
- Ad-hoc administrative support.
The following attributes are essential for the role:
- Business / commercial / sales / marketing experience.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and ability to prioritise own workload.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with a high standard of written and verbal communication skills so as to deal effectively and efficiently, both over the telephone and personally, with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Excellent Team working skills.
- Fully developed IT skills, including a high level of proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experience of producing accurate and professional documents, proposals and reports.
- Experience of working directly with customers.
- Competitive salary.
- Workplace Pension.
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays on starting.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com