Depot Manager - ToiletsLocation: Birmingham
We are looking for a strong candidate to manage our Depot located in Cannock as Depot Manager - Toilets.
The ideal candidate will be highly driven with a desire to succeed, be personable and have the ability to manage a team. You will also be self-motivated, well organised and have strong communication skills at all levels.
Experience in a similar role and industry is essential.
Contract type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full Time
Nixon Hire Overview
Established 52 years ago, Nixon Hire is a UK leader in the provision of construction equipment. Our core product offering includes plant, accommodation, welfare facilities, toilets and modular buildings.
With over 24,000 assets and 300 product lines, we supply products and services to commercial and domestic customers. Nixon Hire operate from 22 Depot locations, from which our products are prepared and dispatched for hire or for sale and are refurbished or configured as required.
The key responsibilities for the role include:
- Supervising toilet service drivers ensuring that work is distributed equitably and efficiently to ensure product is available to meet hire requirements, breakdowns are dealt with promptly, toilets on hire are serviced regularly and preventative maintenance is carried out
- Ensuring there is adequate staff resource in place to meet the companies objectives at all times, taking into consideration holiday and staff sickness
- Ensuring all toilets are inspected to ensure all damages are recorded
- Ensuring toilet service books, waste transfer notes, and all delivery / collection / exchange paperwork is correctly completed, and all workshop paperwork is received upon job completion and passed to appropriate department or filed.
- Ensuring drivers carry out daily checks on their vehicles and report any defects, organising correction of defects and ensuring vehicles are regularly serviced
- Checking and processing parts requisitions, noting low stock levels when issuing or receiving goods, and carrying out regular reviews of stock levels to ensure minimum stock levels are maintained
- Dealing with customer telephone or counter enquiries for parts / spares / repairs politely and efficiently
- Ensuring product knowledge is maintained at a level adequate to deal effectively with customer enquiries by researching new products and requesting and / or participating in training programmes
- Ensuring new units / toilets are tested before being booked into fleet in accordance with manufacturers recommendations, and records of such checks are maintained, including processing all paperwork
- Ensuring the building / yard is maintained and secured at all times
- Complying with, and ensuring all staff are aware of, and complying with all Company procedures and in particular Health & Safety procedures, Health & Safety Directives and the Company’s P.P.E. requirements
Generous Bonus Scheme
23 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays on starting