Driver - LGV (Lorry Loader)Location: Bedford
We have an opportunity for an experienced and self motivated LGV Driver - (Lorry Loader) at our new Bedford depot. The ideal candidate must be a good communicator and familiar with working in a fast paced environment.
Contract type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full Time
Nixon Hire Overview
Established 52 years ago, Nixon Hire is a UK leader in the provision of construction equipment.
Our core product offering includes plant, accommodation, welfare facilities, toilets and modular buildings.
With over 24,000 assets and 300 product lines, we supply products and services to commercial and domestic customers. Nixon Hire operate from over 20 Depot locations, from which our products are prepared and dispatched for hire or for sale and are refurbished or configured as required.
The main duties of the role are to safely and timely load, unload, collect and install all company equipment to a variety of locations throughout the region. Daily tasks will include assessing site access, liaising with customers to deliver workable solutions and routine vehicle checks.
- LGV Class 1 License with HIAB Ticket
- Digitacho Card
- Driver CPC with at least one days’ CPC banked for each year after the card was obtained
- A working knowledge of EU driver hours regulations and Tacho restrictions
- Knowledge of the industry
- A good geographical knowledge of the local area
- Competitive rate of pay
- Workplace pension
- 23 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays on starting
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org