Fitter - PlantLocation: Newcastle upon Tyne
We are looking to recruit an experienced Fitter to join our workshop in our Newcastle Depot.
Contract type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full Time
Nixon Hire Overview:
Founded in 1967, Nixon Hire is a dynamic and professional family-run business employing almost 500 people across an ever-expanding Depot network. We draw on over 54 years of experience to deliver quality plant, tools, machinery, accommodation and portable toilet products and services that are second to none. We are passionate about what we do and work tirelessly to ensure we are continually improving.
We are proud of our people. Nixon Hire employ skilled, experienced and knowledgeable people. We employ people who live locally to the Depots we operate so we know the local areas we work in well. We understand the importance of training and developing our people and invest significant resources to ensure we are up-to-date with current requirements. We are extremely proud to have many members of staff celebrating over 40 YEARS service with us, with the longest serving employee currently in their 47th year!
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Repairing / overhauling and maintaining plant & tools, economically and efficiently, ensuring that customer breakdowns are dealt with in a timely manner to limit downtime, and machines are serviced in time to ensure hire commitments are met.
- Obtaining / requesting all parts necessary to carry out repairs.
- Salvaging usable parts from machines being repaired / scrapped.
- Carrying out minor welding, painting and electrical tasks on plant.
- Adhere to Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality processes to ensure we are compliant at all times
- Experience in a plant fitter role
- Hydraulics experience
- Electrics experience
- Full clean Driving License
- Competitive Salary - £28,080
- Workplace pension
- Cycle and tech scheme
- Purchase additional holidays
- Christmas savings club
- Reward and recognition scheme
- 23 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays on starting
- To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org