Foreman - ToiletsLocation: Glasgow
We are looking for a passionate, motivated, focused and excellent team leader with strong communication skills to join our Glasgow Depot as Foreman of our Toilet department.
Contract type: Permanent
Working Hours: 40 Hours
Nixon Hire Overview
Established 52 years ago, Nixon Hire is a UK leader in the provision of construction equipment.
Our core product offering includes plant, accommodation, welfare facilities, toilets and modular buildings.
With over 24,000 assets and 300 product lines, we supply products and services to commercial and domestic customers. Nixon Hire operate from over 20 Depot locations, from which our products are prepared and dispatched for hire or for sale and are refurbished or configured as required.
The Foreman will be responsible for:
- Supervising toilet service drivers ensuring that work is distributed equitably and efficiently to ensure product (cleaned or serviced to the required standard) is available to meet hire requirements
- Dealing with customer calls regarding breakdowns & maintaining daily breakdown sheet, monitoring breakdown response times, analysing and reporting to the Depot Manager
- Ensuring there is adequate staff resource in place to meet the companies objectives at all times, taking into consideration holiday and staff sickness
- Ensuring all units / toilets are returned from hire are carefully inspected to ensure all damages (including graffiti) are recorded
- Ensuring all delivery / collection / exchange paperwork is correctly completed, and all workshop paperwork is received upon job completion and passed to appropriate department or filed.
- Ensuring drivers carry out daily checks on their vehicles and report any defects
- Checking and processing parts requisitions from workshop, drivers or other staff in accordance with company procedures and processing those issues in the correct manner, i.e. Works orders, goods for customer, exchanges, site repairs, etc.
- Where goods are not available to meet parts requisitions, raising purchase requisitions to obtain the necessary goods, following up to ensure prompt delivery and minimise downtime on plant and equipment. Raising requisitions for consumables and other items for the workshops including parts to repair the Company’s toilets
- Noting low stock levels when issuing or receiving goods, and carrying out regular reviews of stock levels, raising purchase requisitions to ensure minimum stock levels are maintained. Carrying out regular stock checks, ensuring goods are stored correctly in designated areas
- Packaging and sending goods out to customers, returns to suppliers, or stock to other depots including organising carriers to collect goods, weighing and dealing with post. Ensuring that all external delivery drivers load / unload in a safe area and in a safe manner
- Ensuring new units / toilets are tested before being booked into fleet in accordance with manufacturers recommendations, and records of such checks are maintained. Transferring items from stock into fleet, including processing all paperwork
- Ensuring the building / yard is maintained and secured at all times, all required designated areas are clearly marked and units, toilets, and parts are held / stored in the appropriate areas. Ensuring the works office and yard areas are maintained in tidy, clean and hazard free condition.
Complying with, and ensuring all staff assigned to them are aware of, and complying with all Company procedures and in particular Health & Safety procedures, Health & Safety Directives and the Company’s P.P.E. requirements. This will include organising training or toolbox talks to address issues.
Ensuring all staff assigned to him understand the health and safety issues with regard to their jobs and all work is carried out in a manner consistent with minimising any risk to themselves and others. Ensuring they are issued with appropriate P.P.E
- Strong organisation skills
- Previous experience in a supervisory role
- Digi Card holder
- Drivers CPC
- 7.5T Driving Licence
- Competitive salary
- Workplace pension
- 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays on starting
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org