Hire ControllerLocation: Newcastle upon Tyne
We are looking to recruit a Hire Controller for our Nixon Rehire department.
Contract type: Permanent
Working Hours: 40 Hours per week
Nixon Hire Overview:
Founded in 1967, Nixon Hire is a dynamic and professional family-run business employing almost 500 people across an ever-expanding Depot network. We draw on over 54 years of experience to deliver quality plant, tools, machinery, accommodation and portable toilet products and services that are second to none. We are passionate about what we do and work tirelessly to ensure we are continually improving.
We are proud of our people. Nixon Hire employ skilled, experienced and knowledgeable people. We employ people who live locally to the Depots we operate so we know the local areas we work in well. We understand the importance of training and developing our people and invest significant resources to ensure we are up-to-date with current requirements. We are extremely proud to have many members of staff celebrating over 40 YEARS service with us, with the longest serving employee currently in their 47th year!
The role will involve being an effective member of our highly driven and motivated rehire sales team, maximising hires, offering customers an efficient, knowledgeable, and courteous service which ensures their requirements are identified and met within required timescales. Liaising with relevant suppliers to utilise availability and meet our customer’s needs, you will also be required to liaise with our pre-approved supply chain to confirm availability along with timescales for delivery. You will be expected to work closely with both our external customers and internal Business Development managers to ensure we deliver against all customers expectations
- Previous experience of working in a targeted based role which includes dealing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Handle and record customer enquiries and source new business
- Follow up quotations and enquiries
- Committed to offering first class customer service
- An enthusiastic team player, who engages colleagues and willingly shares knowledge and information
- Motivated self-starter who can work on there own but also as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced sales environment along with effectively working under pressure
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong communication skills both verbally & written
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays on starting (increasing with length of service)
- Workplace pension and life assurance
- Cycle and Tech scheme
- High street discount scheme
- Option to purchase additional holiday days
- Christmas savings club
- Reward and recognition scheme
- Employee assistance program
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org