IT Helpdesk TechnicianLocation: Central Support Office
We are one of the largest Plant, Toilet and Accommodation companies in the UK and have an exciting and challenging opportunity at our Central Support Office in Newcastle.
We are recruiting for an IT Helpdesk Technician to conduct 1st line and some 2nd line technical support, to join our busy IT Department.
The role involves supporting all areas of the business in ensuring IT systems perform to the required standards and all IT related issues are rectified or escalated in a timely manner.
The successful applicant must be able to;
- Identify, configure, install and maintain a variety of IT hardware, software and office equipment
- Demonstrate technical competence
- Have a good telephone manner - excellent communication skills are required
- Solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Work individually as well as part of a team
- Proven experience in a helpdesk role: i.e. logging and resolving tickets in a timely manner.
- Experience of 1st line and some 2nd line technical support for users in a medium/large sized organisation.
- Experience or knowledge of the following;
- Windows 7/8/10
- Microsoft 2012 R2 Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, Folder Permissions
- Microsoft Exchange: Outlook 2013,MS Office 2013 and Office365
- Basic Networking - TCP/IP - LAN/WAN
- RDP and Thin Client Knowledge
Experience or knowledge of the following;
- Microsoft 2012 r2
- VMware vCentre server and vSphere Client Knowledge
- Mitel Micollab and MiVoice Business Telephony Knowledge
- TeamViewer Remote Support Experience
- SmartDeploy Imaging Software
- Basic Apple O/S support
A full UK driving licence is required.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this specialist role, please submit a copy of your most current CV.