Driver LGV - Lorry Loader (£1000 joining payment applicable)Location: Edinburgh
We have an opportunity for an experienced and self motivated LGV Driver at our Edinburgh depot. The ideal candidate must be a good communicator and familiar with working in a fast paced environment.
Contract type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full Time
£1000 joining payment applicable to this role, to be paid within first months pay (T&Cs will apply).
Nixon Hire Overview:
Founded in 1967, Nixon Hire is a dynamic and professional family-run business employing almost 500 people across an ever-expanding Depot network. We draw on over 54 years of experience to deliver quality plant, tools, machinery, accommodation and portable toilet products and services that are second to none. We are passionate about what we do and work tirelessly to ensure we are continually improving.
We are proud of our people. Nixon Hire employ skilled, experienced and knowledgeable people. We employ people who live locally to the Depots we operate so we know the local areas we work in well. We understand the importance of training and developing our people and invest significant resources to ensure we are up-to-date with current requirements. We are extremely proud to have many members of staff celebrating over 40 YEARS service with us, with the longest serving employee currently in their 47th year!
The main duties of the role are to safely and timely load, unload, collect and install all company equipment to a variety of locations throughout the region. Daily tasks will include assessing site access, liaising with customers to deliver workable solutions and routine vehicle checks.
- LGV Class 2 License (CAT C)
- Digitacho Card
- Driver CPC with at least one days’ CPC banked for each year after the card was obtained
- A working knowledge of EU driver hours regulations and Tacho restrictions
- A good geographical knowledge of the local area
- Knowledge of the Hire Industry
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced overtime rates
- 23 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays on starting (increasing with length of service)
- Workplace pension and life assurance
- Cycle and Tech scheme
- High street discount scheme
- Option to purchase additional holiday days
- Christmas savings club
- Reward and recognition scheme
- Employee assistance program
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org