Logistics Controller (Transport)Location: Central Support Office (Newcastle)
We have an exciting and challenging vacancy at our Central Support Office in Newcastle for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to become part of our Transport and Logistics team.
Contract type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full Time
Nixon Hire Overview
Established 52 years ago, Nixon Hire is a UK leader in the provision of construction equipment. Our core product offering includes plant, accommodation, welfare facilities, toilets and modular buildings.
With over 24,000 assets and 300 product lines, we supply products and services to commercial and domestic customers. Nixon Hire operate from Depot locations nationwide, from which our products are prepared and dispatched for hire or for sale and are refurbished or configured as required.
As Logistics Controller, you will have a good working knowledge of the transport sector and a professional and organised approach to work in a busy, pressurised environment. Tasked with the efficient coordination of inter-depot, inbound and outbound distribution to improve the both utilisation of own fleet and third party transport, this role is integral to providing both outstanding delivery to all stakeholders and a support function to service and compliance part of the team.
Adhere to Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality processes to ensure we are compliant at all times.
- Strong Logistics background
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a strong commercial awareness of transport operations
- Experience of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of Routing & Scheduling and PDAs.
- A CPC qualification is desirable.
- Competitive rate of pay (£24,500)
- Workplace pension
- Cycle and tech scheme
- Purchase additional holidays
- Christmas savings club
- Reward and recognition scheme
- 23 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays on starting
- To apply please send your CV to email@example.com