Practical Trainer - South / NationwideLocation: Central Support Office (Newcastle)
We are looking to recruit a passionate, motivated and focused individual, for the role of Practical Trainer, to work within our Training Department. The role will require extensive travel to depots nationwide to provide training on a regular basis.
The role predominantly includes working with drivers across all Divisions within the Nixon Network, involving training around the delivery, collection and servicing of Nixon assets including within the Toilet Division.
Contract type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full Time
Nixon Hire Overview
Established 52 years ago, Nixon Hire is a UK leader in the provision of construction equipment. Our core product offering includes plant, accommodation, welfare facilities, toilets and modular buildings.
With over 24,000 assets and 300 product lines, we supply products and services to commercial and domestic customers. Nixon Hire operate from over 20 locations, from which our products are prepared and dispatched for hire or for sale and are refurbished or configured as required.
The main responsibilities of this position are:
- Developing and delivering a range of practical training to individuals in accordance with company objectives.
- When appropriate, managing external training and accreditation bodies, agencies and providers necessary to deliver required training to appropriate standards.
- When appropriate, organizing training venues, logistics, transport and accommodation as required to achieve efficient training attendance and delivery.
- Arranging for the maintenance of all necessary equipment and materials relating to the effective delivery and measurement of training.
- Staying informed as to relevant skill and qualification levels required by staff for effective performance as well as maintaining up to date knowledge in the relevant field at all times.
- Assisting in the design of training courses and programmes necessary to meet training needs.
- Maintaining Training Records and inputting onto a database ensuring expiry dates (if any) are input. Advising Managers when refresher training is required.
The core skills required for the role are:
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to adapt training methods to the needs of trainees.
- Strong time management and organisational skills to ensure training schedule is adhered to and completed in accordance with the company and regulatory body requirements.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office packages including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must hold Education and Training Level 3 or equivalent.
- C + E Driving Licence (must be clean)
- Must have Lorry Loader qualifications
- Must hold Driver CPC
- Accredited to deliver JAUPT Driver CPC courses.
- Capable of delivering a wide range of statutory training packages i.e. Health and Safety, First Aid etc.
- Fork Lift operator experience.
- Hold current Driving Assessor qualifications
- Fork Lift Training Qualifications
- Lorry Loader and loading plant experience / Qualifications
- Working towards Assessors award
- Competitive Salary
- Workplace Pension
- 23 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays on starting
Should you wish to discuss the job role before applying please contact the Training Manager on 0333 005 0005
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com