Practical TrainerLocation: Newcastle upon Tyne
We are looking to recruit a passionate, motivated and focused individual, for the role of Practical Trainer, to work within our Training Department. The role will be based in Newcastle, however will require you to travel to depots nationwide to provide training on a regular basis.
The role predominantly includes working with drivers across all Divisions within the Nixon Network, involving training around the delivery, collection and servicing of Nixon assets including within the Toilet Division.
Contract type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full Time
Nixon Hire Overview
Established 52 years ago, Nixon Hire is a UK leader in the provision of construction equipment. Our core product offering includes plant, accommodation, welfare facilities, toilets and modular buildings.
With over 24,000 assets and 300 product lines, we supply products and services to commercial and domestic customers. Nixon Hire operate from 14 Depot locations, from which our products are prepared and dispatched for hire or for sale and are refurbished or configured as required.
The main responsibilities of this position are:
- Developing and delivering a range of practical training to individuals in accordance with company objectives.
- Managing external training and accreditation bodies, agencies and providers necessary to deliver required training to appropriate standards, as and when required.
- Some organizing of training venues, logistics, transport and accommodation as required to achieve efficient training attendance and delivery.
- Arranging for the maintenance of all necessary equipment and materials relating to the effective delivery and measurement of training.
- Staying informed as to relevant skill and qualification levels required by staff for effective performance as well as maintaining up to date knowledge in the relevant field at all times.
- Assisting in the design of training courses and programmes necessary to meet training needs.
- Maintenance of training records.
- Management of refresher training.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to adapt training methods to the needs of trainees.
- Strong time management and organisational skills to ensure training schedule is adhered to and completed in accordance with the company and regulatory body requirements.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office packages including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must hold Education and Training Level 3 or equivalent.
- Minimum of C1E driving licence
- Must hold Driver CPC
- Accredited to deliver JAUPT Driver CPC courses.
- Capable of delivering a wide range of statutory training packages i.e. Health and Safety, First Aid etc.
- Working towards Assessors award
- NPORS Qualified
- Competitive Salary
- Workplace Pension
- Training vehicle and fuel card provided for travel
- 23 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays on starting