UK Division Manager - RenewablesLocation: Central Support Office
Contract type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full Time
Nixon Hire Overview
Established 52 years ago, Nixon Hire is a UK leader in the provision of construction equipment.
Our core product offering includes plant, accommodation, welfare facilities, toilets and modular buildings.
With over 24,000 assets and 300 product lines, we supply products and services to commercial and domestic customers. Nixon Hire operate from 14 Depot locations, from which our products are prepared and dispatched for hire or for sale and are refurbished or configured as required.
This is a new role which has been created to support company growth.
Following the successful launch of our H20 Solar Pod and our range of eco cabins, we are seeking an experienced individual to lead and develop our new Renewables Division.
You must have a sound knowledge of the renewable energy sector and understand the application of associated innovative technologies. You will be comfortable in strategic decision making as well as operational project management. This role requires excellent communication skills and candidates must demonstrate commercial acumen. The drive to succeed in a target driven sales environment is important. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who looks to create opportunities.
As the UK Divisional Manager you will report into the Managing Director. This role is based in Newcastle however travel throughout the UK is essential.
This role will report to the Managing Director.
- To create a new structure for this division. You will be confident in creating a structure of people and processes to reflect the growth and the potential in this division.
- To drive this division, its products, people and processes from product specification through to project completion
- To develop and maintain relationships with prospective and existing customers across a range of sectors to remain informed of upcoming opportunities
- To identify leads through research, intelligence and relationships opportunities
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities and a strategies for converting sales
- Maintain a record of all divisional activity on the company CRM system and complete management reports as required.
- Be an ambassador for Nixon Hire as a whole and create opportunities which support the overall sales activities through your exceptional relationship management skills
- Meet and where possible exceed sales targets.
- Demonstrate a high level of commercial awareness.
- Participation in project meetings with stakeholders
- Be comfortable in briefing internal and external teams on project requirements
Job experience & skills requirements
- Clear and effective communicator
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, using your talent to deliver a persuasive business message to customers and end user prospects
- Must be at ease on the phone, communicating directly with prospects to find potential growth opportunities within an organisation.
- Have a strong sense of empathy and an intuitive understanding of clients’ business objectives along with being solution-driven & results focused.
- Demonstrable skills in negotiation and selling
- Strong drive toward attainment of sales targets
- Must possess first class customer acquisition skills
- Have a strong sense of empathy and an intuitive understanding of clients’ business objectives along with being solution-driven & results focused
- Experience of managing and motivating a team
- Determined and tenacious attitude towards targets
- Must be articulate and numerate
- IT literate
- Substantial knowledge & experience of the renewable energy sector
- Sound understanding of complex product and project requirements
- Experience of delivering results against targets
- An established network of relevant industry delivery relationships
- In depth knowledge of the construction industry
Compensation & Benefits Information
- Competitive salary
- Attractive bonus scheme
- Company Car or car allowance
- Mobile Phone
- Option to join private pension scheme after 6 months service