Workshop SupervisorLocation: Glasgow
We currently have an exciting and challenging vacancy for a Workshop Supervisor for our Depot based in Glasgow.
Contract type: Permanent
Working Hours: 40 Hours
Nixon Hire Overview
Established 52 years ago, Nixon Hire is a UK leader in the provision of construction equipment.
Our core product offering includes plant, accommodation, welfare facilities, toilets and modular buildings.
With over 24,000 assets and 300 product lines, we supply products and services to commercial and domestic customers. Nixon Hire operate from over 20 Depot locations, from which our products are prepared and dispatched for hire or for sale and are refurbished or configured as required.
To be an effective member of the Depot team maximising efficiency, quality, serviceability and profitability in the depot. To Lead the workshop team ensuring a high level of work is maintained in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Supervising the foremen, ensuring they distribute work equitably and efficiently to ensure product is available to meet hire requirements, breakdowns are dealt with promptly and preventative maintenance is carried out in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Evaluating work practices and implementing improvements aimed at minimizing cost and maximizing productivity.Ensuring all machine services/repairs are carried out in accordance with manufactures recommendations, weather on hire or in depot and all relevant paperwork (including service checklists and green cards) are correctly completed. Maintaining services record files.
- Ensuring all plant returned from hire is carefully inspected to ensure all damages are recorded. Issuing site damages to Depot Manager/Company Secretary for authorisation and charging to customer. Ensuring customers are charged for all other services such as machine repairs / out of hour’s service contract charges etc.
- Ensuring there is adequate staff resource in place to meet the companies objectives at all times, taking into consideration holiday and staff sickness.
- Authorising machine repairs costing in excess of £150. Raising requisitions for consumables and other items for the workshops including parts to repair the Company’s or customer’s machines.
- Ensuring new plant is tested before being booked into fleet in accordance with manufactures recommendations and records of such checks are maintained. In the absence of the Group Workshop Manager, authorizing the scrapping or use as salvaged parts, of machines beyond economical repair.
- Ensuring the building is maintained and secured at all times, all required designated areas are clearly marked and plant and equipment is held/stored in the appropriate areas. Ensuring the workshop and yard areas are maintained in tidy, clean and hazard free condition.
- Recruiting staff, ensuring they and all other staff in his department are adequately trained in order to operate efficiently, safety and professionally. Carrying out staff appraisals, including discussing aspirations and assessing training needs. Reporting training needs and requesting training via Training & Development department. Monitoring absenteeism and accidents.
- Complying with Company Policies and Procedures and upholding the Nixon Hire Values at all times.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in a safe and timely manner without risk to yourself and others whether on site or at a depot in line with the Company’s Health & Safety Directives, Method Statements and procedure.
- Wearing appropriate safety clothing and using safety equipment to complete the task undertaken in the working environment in accordance with the Company’s P.P.E requirements.
- Maintaining a safe and hazard free work area be it on customer site or within Nixon Hire premises.
- Checking company vehicles before use and driving in a safe and courteous manner, along with timely reporting of any vehicle defects.
- Reporting any accidents (person, property or vehicles) via the Accident / Incident report system.
- Adhere to Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality processes to ensure we are compliant at all times.
- Carrying out any other duties as requested by immediate line manager or Director.
- Competitive salary
- Workplace pension
- 23 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays on starting
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org